Junior research groups
The Junior Research Groups (MetaHabil) enable outstanding graduated scientists for the next qualification step, a postdoctoral lecture qualification, on their way to becoming profiled individual research personalities.
It is part of the program to lead an individual research group for the period of five years (Junior Research Group). The position is funded by the IFB, research projects and research groups can be demanded separately from the IFB or other third-party donors. Apart from leading a study group physicians should be enabled to still pursue their special medical training during the research period. For that an attending physician of the IFB will be assigned to them as a mentor. Stays abroad of varying length are possible and encouraged. The scientists of the MetaHabil program are directly subject to the the IFB board of directors and work indepentdantly.
Established MetaHabil Groups (Junior Research Groups)
- Preventive medicine (Dr. Susann Blüher)
- Animal models of adiposity (Dr. Nora Klöting)
- Computer-based modelling of reward-based learning and decision processes (Dr. Jane Neumann)
- Functional genetics (Dr. Yvonne Böttcher)
- Neuroendocrine mechanisms of obesity (Dr. Wiebke Fenske)
- Neurobiology of decision-making in obesity (Dr. Annette Horstmann)
- Stigmatization and internalized stigma in obesity (Dr. Claudia Sikorski)
Interested persons can apply in written form to the IFB administration for the publicly advertised positions. Further information can be requested under: karriere [at] ifb-adipositas [dot] de