The IFB has two internal committees and one external committee, which supervise IFB research and the junior research programs. They additionally counsel the Board of Directors.
External advisory board
The external adivisory board is an independent committee of international experts, who do not belong to the University or the University Hospital of Leipzig. The board decides based on the professional competence of its members about the scientific key contents of the IFB. One of its main tasks is to counsel the board of directors regarding the establishment or canceling of research focus, regarding the financial situation, the scientific capacity and ethical as well as normative Standards. The external advisory board meets once a year.
Members of the external advisory board
- Prof. Dr. Jesús Argente, Director of the Department of Paediatrics, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Dr. Alain Dagher, Associate Professor at the Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University, Montréal, Canada
- Prof. Dr. Tanja Legenbauer, Head of the Department for Research and Test Diagnostics, LWL University Hospital Hamm of the Ruhr, University Bochum, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Ian Macdonald, Head of the School of Life Science, The University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- PD Dr. Oliver Mann, Medical Head of the Adiposity Center, University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf (UKE), Germany
- Dr. Michael Olivier, Directer of the Center for Precision Medicine, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, USA
- Prof. Dr. Christoph Schuhmacher, Director of Clinical Operations, European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN), Paris, France
- Prof. Dr. Arya M. Sharma, Director of Canadian Obesity Network, Chair of Obesity Research and Management, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Student career board
The student career board started with six appointed members. After two years eight members were elected by ballot vote of the general meeting of IFB AdipsoityDiseases members (2012). They report to the board of directors. The student career board votes self-dependent adequate candidates for the programms for young professionals such as MS Pro, MD Pro 1 and MD Pro 2.
Members of the student career board
Internal review board
The internal review board consists of eight members. They were elected by ballot vote of the general meeting of IFB AdipsoityDiseases members and refer to the board of directors. Main task of the internal review board is to evaluate new project proposals. The internal review board suggests selected proposals to be reviewed by the the external advisory board.